Free app could help to improve sleep
Latest research shows that people just aren't getting enough sleep. This is why the new Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock has been developed: to help people to get better quality, deeper sleep. This app analyses each user's sleep patterns and wakes them up at the most natural time, helping them to meet their day feeling refreshed and rested.
How the App Works
The Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock works by monitoring sleep, users add the latest time they wish to awaken, and the app will wake them during their period of lightest sleep in the previous half hour. The app uses the phone's own sensors to monitor noise and movement to gauge the depth of sleep, this information is presented on-screen, helping users to make differences to their sleeping patterns. Normal alarm clocks often jolt people from deep sleep, this is an unnatural way to awaken - it interrupts the natural rhythm of sleep and leads to tiredness during the day. This app uses intelligent sleep monitoring to awaken users at the point where their bodies are naturally ready.
Functioning in Use
The Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock is a good tool for helping to improve sleep. However, good sleep involves many factors, and a disturbed night's sleep means that this alarm can still wake users during deep morning sleep. The sleep information could also lead to users worrying, potentially making sleep problems worse! However, it could help when developing new sleeping habits.
Waking up made easy.
An intelligent alarm clock that analyzes your sleep and wakes you in the lightest sleep phase – the natural way to wake up feeling rested and relaxed.
* Sleep Cycle monitors your movement during sleep using the extremely sensitive accelerometer in your iPhone.
* Sleep Cycle then finds the optimal time to wake you up during a 30 minute window that ends at your set alarm time.
* Look at the screenshots for recommended iPhone placement.
As you sleep you go through different phases, ranging from deep sleep to light sleep. The phase you are in when your alarm goes off is critical for how tired you will feel when you wake up.
Since you move differently in bed during the different phases, Sleep Cycle can use the accelerometer in your iPhone to monitor your movement and determine which sleep phase you are in.
Sleep Cycle wakes you when you are in your lightest sleep phase.
Sleep Cycle was developed using proven sleep science and years of research and development.
– Waking up made easy! Sleep Cycle analyzes your sleep and wakes you in your lightest sleep phase.
– Detailed sleep statistics and sleep graphs for every night.
– 15 carefully selected, high quality, alarm melodies.
– Use iPod music as wake up sound
– Snooze by shaking or tapping the phone lightly.
– Customizable wake up window. From instant (regular alarm clock) up to 90 minutes.
– Background mode - set your alarm and exit Sleep Cycle - sleep analysis will continue in the background
– Sleep notes: see how events such as drinking coffee, eating too much or having a stressful day affect your sleep quality
– Long term graphs: track sleep quality over time, see which days of the week you sleep best and much more
– Export sleep data to Excel for detailed analysis